Based in the Silicon Valley, I have 15 years of experience creating visuals for a wide range of mediums. I crafted memorable brands for startups and enterprise companies while taking on many roles as needed. These experiences have culminated into a well rounded digital artist looking for like-minded individuals to collaborate with. When I’m not designing, you can often find me tinkering on 3D printers and high speed racing drones.
Skills & Qualifications
- Team Management and Creative Leadership
- Web and Mobile App UI Design
- Marketing Communications and Brand Design
- Video Production and Editing
- Motion Graphics and 3D Animation
- Web UI Development
TOOLS USED: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Sketch, Figma, After Effects, Premiere, Cinema 4D, and Substance
February 2018 – March 2020
UnifyID is an early stage start-up with the goal to end the need for passwords and other weak forms of authentication. During my two years at UnifyID, I was responsible for all creative and product design initiatives. I worked closely with the executive team to take their product and marketing requirements and design experiences to support them.
- Mobile App Design: Designed demo apps for phones and tablets using Sketch. These apps were used to demonstrate our SDK across several use cases.
- Web App Design: Designed a web-based dashboard for admins to verify the effectiveness of our authentication platform across their organization.
- Marketing Web Design: Created a marketing website primarily used for lead generation and recruiting. Designed to have snappy load times and mobile compatibility. I created the mock-ups in Sketch and coded the final site using the Jekyll static site framework.
- Motion Graphics & Video: Created vector-based animations that could be easily used in mobile and web apps using the Lottie library. Additional 3D animations and motion graphics were created for marketing videos and product demos.
April 2017 – February 2018
ThinAir was an early stage startup building a product to detect insider threats misusing sensitive corporate data. During my time at ThinAir I was responsible for the creation of all marketing communication design projects including branding, web design, lead gen assets, swag, and exhibition booth design.
- Marketing Web Design: Created a marketing site designed for lead gen, product trials, and recruiting. I designed the mock-ups in Photoshop and coded the website using WordPress and Bootstrap. Additional marketing design projects included display ads, HTML emails, and print collateral.
- Exhibition Design: Responsible for creating mock-ups of booth layout concepts that would be sent off for bidding from exhibition production companies. Additionally I would create all final graphics for printing and created the ‘silent’ videos shown on displays in the booth.
December 2013 – April 2017
During my three years at Mirantis, I managed a team of designers and developers responsible for all marketing communication and product design projects. While I was a creative lead on most projects, there are many where I also pitched in and created graphics as needed to meet deadlines and requirements.
- Product UI Design: Designed web apps used for deploying and managing private cloud infrastructure. All UI design work was done by me on these projects using Sketch.
- Marketing Web Design: Created web designs for the Mirantis corporate site, lead generation landing pages, micro sites, blogs, and developer documentation. These projects were a mixture of creative leadership and hands-on design work.
- Branding: My team was tasked with refreshing the Mirantis logo and color palette while maintaining the spirit of the legacy version.
- Exhibition Design: Most of the exhibitions we attended had strict rules about booth construction. All booths had the same limited use of a single back wall and no tall or hanging structures. This challenge pushed my team’s creativity to come up with concepts that were engaging and fun.
- Motion Graphics & Video: Created videos and motion graphics for marketing videos, exhibition booth videos, and product demos.
2011 – 2017
I created Hovership in 2011 as a blog to document drones I was building and flying. In 2014 I got my first 3D printer and designed my own printable mini drone air frame which I shared for free on Thingiverse. From there, Hovership grew into a small business run from my garage. I started designing carbon fiber frames and injection molded GoPro protectors. I was responsible for all branding, web design, product design, photography, and videos.
- Branding: Created the Hovership logo and additional logos for the Zuul product line.
- Marketing Web Design: Created a website for blog posts, product build guides, and a web store.
- Product Design: Using SolidWorks I created 2D and 3D product designs. I partnered with machine shops to have my air frame designs milled from carbon fiber or aluminum. GoPro protectors were injection molded with a TPU material. Responsible for all product packaging design.
- Motion Graphics & Video: Created drone flight videos and product launch videos. Responsible for drone operation during filming, editing, and motion graphics.
Senior Visual Designer
November 2012 – December 2013
I started at EIG during a time where they acquired Homestead (formerly Intuit websites) from Intuit. My design team was tasked with updating the stagnant Homestead site and integrate it with the EIG hosting platform. I also contributed to various projects for some of EIG’s other brands: iPage and FatCow.
- Homestead Marketing Design: Design and project management for the redesign of the Homestead website targeting small business owners and focused on lead generation and conversions.
- iPage & FatCow Marketing Design: iPage home page redesign, landing pages, and promotional emails.
Senior Manager, Visual Design
September 2011 – October 2012
Druva is a software company focused on endpoint data protection and cloud data backup. During my time at Druva I was responsible for all digital marketing campaigns including our corporate site, micro sites, banner ads, emails, and product collateral.
- Marketing Web Design: Created designs for our corporate site and lead generation landing pages. Focused on free trials and lead conversion we utilized A/B testing and other tools to maximize performance.
- Email Campaigns: Designed and coded emails for marketing campaigns.
- Marketing Collateral Design: Created designs for whitepapers, case studies, and product data sheets.
Manager, Creative Services
August 2008 – August 2011
During my three years at Solyndra I was responsible for all marketing communication design and web product design. One day I might be in the office, designing a data sheet. The next you might find me in a photo studio taking pictures of our solar panels. Then there was days where I was hanging out a helicopter door to photograph our panels on rooftops.
- Product UI Design: Designed a web app for calculating solar installation output in different geographies. Also designed an app that used satellite imagery and object recognition AI to search for large light colored rooftops that would be a good match for our solar panels.
- Marketing Web Design: Created designs for the corporate Solyndra website and an internal tool for managing access to creative assets.
- Marketing Collateral Design: Created designs for case studies and product data sheets.
- Photography: Responsible for studio, event, and outdoor product photography.
- Video & Animation: Created product marketing videos and a walk-through of a new manufacturing facility. Responsible for all filming, editing and animation.
Web Developer / Graphic Designer
October 2007 – August 2008
Jaman was a digital video rental and streaming service that existed in a time when Netflix was focused on their mail-based service. Jaman started out focused on indie and international cinema but eventually branched out to larger American film catalogs. During my time at Jaman I worked under our creative director to design landing pages, banners, emails, and interactive games.
- Marketing Web & Email Design: Created designs and assets for landing pages, banners, emails, and interactive games.
Savi Technology (A Lockheed Martin Co.)
Web Developer / Graphic Designer
September 2004 – October 2007
Savi offers real-time visibility of cargo and logistics with RFID hardware and software. My role started in IT where I created an Intranet site for the company. Over time I took on product UI and marketing design projects.
- Corporate website design & maintenance
- Print collateral for data sheets, whitepapers, and case studies.
- UI design for early handheld touchscreen enabled devices
- Executive presentation design
- Designed and coded an intranet site for internal communications
Academy of Art University
City College of San Francisco
Brigham Young University Hawaii